Shine is looking for DIRECTORS.
This is a contract position.
We are seeking applicants with several years of experience directing children’s theatre, youth theatre, and/or as a middle school or high school private or public school theatre teacher.
Some of our shows will perform in the Courtyard Theatre in Downtown Plano. Others will perform in our black box space in our home studio.
Directors enjoy working with our smart and respectful students. They are eager to learn and have excellent work ethic. Directors need experience/willingness to work in a community theatre setting with limited resources and (dedicated!) volunteer production teams.
What You’ll Love About Our Work Environment:
- We are flexible.
- We value people over production.
- We are creative problem solvers.
- We value transparency.
Shine is a family-friendly, faith-based youth theatre, founded in 2015. We produce full scale theatre productions, workshops, classes, camps, and other special events. We are located at 3035 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075.
Please submit a visual portfolio, resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. References should be able to speak to your work as a director.
BOX OFFICE MANAGER
Shine is seeking a Box Office Manager for our growing children’s and youth theatre in Plano, TX. This is a part-time hourly position. Hours are estimated to be 60 hours per month, depending on the schedule of our various events throughout the year. We are looking for someone who has previous experience working in children’s theatre or as a Box Office Manager, Office Manager, or Receptionist.
- Detail oriented
- Good with web-based technology
- Manage the box office for our performances that are generally held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on various weekends throughout the year. We use the box office at our home theatre as well as the box office at The Courtyard Theatre in Downtown Plano.
- Build ticketed events pages on Vendini software
- Sell tickets
- Print programs
- Run auditions that are generally held on Saturdays on various weekends throughout the year
- Manage our online class registration system, Pike13 by building events and billing students
- Work in the box office several nights during the week by greeting customers, answering phone calls and emails, and other administrative duties
- Coordinate private lessons
Children’s Theatre Plano, Musical Theatre Job Dallas, Theatre Audition, Theatre Director Job